The Emma Press Picks
The Emma Press Picks are a series of short, affordable and colourful poetry pamphlets which showcase contemporary poets at all stages of their careers and present a slice of the current poetry scene to the wider public.
Each Pick has a theme or concept and is illustrated in black-and-white drawings or prints. They are designed to feel approachable and we hope they will attract readers who might not usually buy poetry books.
The Picks currently include:
- The Flower and the Plough, by Rachel Piercey (January 2013)
- The Emmores, by Richard O’Brien (January 2014)
- The Held and the Lost, by Kristen Roberts (March 2014)
- Captain Love and the Five Joaquins, by John Clegg (July 2014)
- Malkin, by Camille Ralphs (November 2015)
- DISSOLVE to: L.A, by James Trevelyan (March 2016)
- The Dragon and The Bomb, by Andrew Wynn Owen (February 2017)
- Meat Songs, by Jack Nicholls (March 2017)
- Bezdelki, by Carol Rumens (July 2017)
- Birmingham Jazz Incarnation, by Simon Turner (September 2017)
We run a call for submissions of new Picks and poetry pamphlets every other year, so keep an eye on our submissions page here and sign up to our newsletter.