About The Emma Press
The Emma Press is an independent poetry publisher based in Winnersh, UK, and dedicated to producing beautiful, thought-provoking books. It was founded in 2012 by me, Emma Wright, formerly of Orion Books, and I run it by myself, with Rachel Piercey as a regular co-editor.
I want to edit, design, illustrate, publicise, produce, sell and occasionally write books that excite me and that I want to share with everyone else. I want to publish the kind of writing that makes people laugh and cry and text extracts to their friends because it inspires such a strong response in them.
I also want to publish the kind of books you want to carry around in your pocket or handbag, to dip into on the train or while you’re waiting for the bus as well as have on your e-reader or phone like you would an mp3 of a favourite song. I want my books to be gorgeous and covetable like Medieval illuminated manuscripts, except without the gold leaf and hand-lettering because I can’t afford it. They’ll be on nice paper, though, with illustrations where appropriate and some sweet typography. I hope that other people like and enjoy them too.
You can find out more about the Emma Press in the following interviews:
- An in-depth interview with Sphinx, the magazine dedicated to poetry pamphlets, November 2014
- ‘Conversations with the Emma Press’, a brief interview with Poetry Shed, November 2014
- ‘Pub talk’, a long interview with Will Barrett on The Poetry School Campus, July 2014
- ‘In Conversation’, an interview with Jonathan Aldridge on Sabotage Reviews, February 2014
- ‘Subversive at all times’, an interview with Tom Cutterham in Review 31, September 2013
* * *
Our books are distributed by Central Books. For all trade orders, please contact Central directly:
Central Books Ltd
99 Wallis Road
Tel: 0845 458 9911
Fax: 0845 458 9912